Saturday, March 2, 2013

Promises, Promises.

Alright.

This is it. I am going to delete one of my blogs. From now on, http://hopeforthestargazers.blog.com/ will be, invalid. This blog will remain, though.

Promises are not meant to be broken. If they were, what is the point? But who has not broken promises? I know I have, I have broken some in this very blog. I had promised updates every so often, but how could I do that? I am, after all, 13. I have my priorities, my jobs and duties as as student. I am thirteen year old who has been overlooked and stepped on over and over again. A typical, everyday girl you would find on the street. I am not desperate for fame, money, or any of that. I want to tell a story. No matter how bland it may be, I want to share what I have.

Have any of you heard of the book, "A single shard"? I want to be that one, shattered piece that makes it to show my master's mastery. I don't want to let my story go out with the tide. I want to make the biggest gamble of my life right now, to blog and to tell, to make a small effort that is shadowed by my past.

But hey, lets look a little forward. A fellow stargazer told me how many teens are thinking about what they are gonna do. At first I was so surprised I got another stargazer. Struck me hard. For a second there, I realized how close I have come to abandoning this place, when a sudden change of events told me otherwise. It was pandemonium in my head, and when it settled down, it was a draw between a childish "This little light of mine" and the cliche "Never give up". It gave me the idea a kid like me, a smoldering flicker, could start a forest fire. Like after being rejected many times, a Harry potter, Starbucks, or a Disney would arise from ash. But that's a little too much of a wishful thinking, eh? I am, after all, a kid.

The future is promising, but promising, exactly, what? Will that promise be broken? The future can not promise all of us to be heroes. Can it? Funny how every small choice we make can account for an alternate universe of either heaven or hell. How we must take advantage of everything life throws in our foggy path. That's life, a fog stricken path. in the childhood days, your parents will guide you. the fog is still there, and you  can't see two feet ahead of you. But life goes on, and the hand fades, until you are in your teens, and start to wonder which fuzzy voice and calling you should follow. Scared of what is below, if you are going to fall. What is going to happen, what is going on. Where you are going to end up and when. In the end, you wonder, frankly, what is my future and how do I get there?

And I guess that's what the future is. An unknown promise.

Please email me at hopeforthestargazers@gmail.com, comment and share. 
Till next time, 
Victoria Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! :) All comments are appreciated.